Book Reviews

Friday, January 2, 2015

Finding Lost Kids with Supernatural Abilities


“My name is Rylee and I am a Tracker.” 

When children go missing, and the Humans have no leads, I’m the one they call. I am their last hope in bringing home the lost ones. I salvage what they cannot.

I’m on the FBI’s wanted list. 

I have a werewolf for a pet, a Witch of a best friend, and have no need for anyone else in my life. 

But when a salvage starts to spin out of control, help comes from a most unexpected direction. One that is dangerously dark, brooding, and doesn’t know a thing about the supernatural. 

One whose kisses set me on fire.


Priceless (A Rylee Adamson Novel, Book 1)Priceless by Shannon Mayer
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I was torn between giving this book a 3 or a 4 star rating. I enjoyed reading this book and had a hard time putting it down. But if you want to look at it analytically there were definite parts that seemed forced. It seemed that every other page you were meeting a different supernatural being that was standing in the way of the over all mission. It seemed that the author was trying to fit every possible supernatural being into the 200 some odd pages before the whole story came to a conclusion.
The base of the story and the two main characters were an amazing idea but the feeling of being jerked from on area to the next, one character to the next, took this book from a 5 star to a 3 star. That being said I really did enjoy the bases of the story, I was on chapter 8 and the next thing I knew I was on chapter 21. I was focused on how things were going to turn out that I never even paid attention to what chapter I was on.
I also found the description of the book produced by the prodecer/author not to do the book its self any justice. I didn't pick up the book because I was skeptical of me liking it. If it wasn't for this To-Be-Read challenge to read the books on my shelf this year I don't think I would have picked up for some time.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment