Book Reviews

Thursday, January 22, 2015

Black and White by Dahlov Ipcar

March 23, 2015
9781909263444, 1909263443
$17.95 USD, $19.99 CAD
Discount Code: Juv Hardcover
Hardcover Picture Book
Juvenile Fiction / Animals / Dogs
Ages 3 to 7, Grades P to 2


This 1960's Civil Rights inspired book uses rhyming and wonderful illustrations to keep the younger children's attention. This book shows us that black and white can be as beautiful as any other color. Dahlov uses these two colors to introduce children to the world around us by telling a story of two dogs, their friendship, dreams and adventures. Returning to the shelves in March 2015 this book not only teaches preschoolers the colors black and white, it also shows them the world around them a little different and is a piece of history to add to any child's library.

I recieved this book for this review. All my opinions and review is all my own.
I enjoyed reading this book to my two daughters and the historical element of this book quite intriguing. Espeically after I watched this video about Dahlov Ipcar's paintings .

No comments:

Post a Comment